You’ve probably noticed that green is everywhere these days, in the news, politics, fashion and even technology. You can hardly avoid it. That’s all great as far as we’re concerned, but with a million messages and ideas coming at us from all sides, it can be easy to get caught up in wanting to do the right thing but not knowing how.
While it’s easy to get overwhelmed, it’s also simple to begin making a positive impact. The truth is that every single thing we do every day has an impact on the planet, good or bad. The good news is, as individuals and as corporate entities, we have the power to control most of our choices and therefore, the impact we create around us. Fewer light bulbs on, turning down the heater, using mugs not paper cups, car-pooling, double-sided printing, less printing, recycling scrap paper. The list is endless.
Small steps, but steps nonetheless. Nothing drastic, but sustainable. Not a diet, but a lifestyle change.
We all have a large (and growing) personal stake in the health and vitality of places far and near. Embracing a greener lifestyle isn’t just about preserving rainforests, it can also mean improving your health, padding your bank account, and, ultimately improving your overall quality of life. All this and you can help to save furry animals too.
The larger goal of course, is to be less of a burden on our environment. As a company, our progress will be measured in the small steps we take every day to better ourselves. It goes beyond being ‘green’, to just being better people, a better organisation, and a better partner to our clients.
Here at Motorite, we can’t profess to be overly ‘green’, how can we be? Our core business is all about keeping pollution coughing motor vehicles running efficiently for longer. This is true, but we can still make a difference, even a small one. Small steps, but steps nonetheless.
Motorite and Recycling
Motorite’s first step to making a difference is to commit to using recycled paper wherever possible. Our new range of policies, the exciting and groundbreaking Options Formula Extreme range, including related marketing material has been printed on 100% recycled paper. Allied to this, all scrap paper at Motorite’s Head Office is collected on a monthly basis, and utilised to create recycled paper. While recycling is a buzz-word at present it is up to us to close the recycling loop by purchasing and using recycled content products and this is where Motorite’s going green initiative has kicked off.
- Recycling save trees and water. Making just 1 ton of recycled paper saves up to 17 trees and uses 50% less water (35 000 litres) than virgin paper manufacturing.
- If Americans would recycle just one-tenth of their newspapers we would save 25 Million trees a year.
- Recycling paper uses 65% less energy than the process of cutting down new trees.
- Recycling reduces greenhouse gas omissions and helps slow global climate change.
- The paper industry is one of the largest water and air polluters in the world. Paper recycling achieves 35% less water pollution and 74% less air pollution.
- The recycled paper product used by Motorite does not go through no de-inking or bleaching processes, thus reducing environmentally harmful toxic and bleaching agent by-products.
We believe even the smallest contribution can make a difference and the use of recycled paper to print our Options Formula Extreme flagship range of policies is only the start for us. Over time it is our intention to extend this to our other product ranges, including the printing of all letterheads, business cards and marketing material on recycled paper.